Quick Assist is a new app in Windows 10 that enables you to receive or provide assistance over a remote connection.
1. Windows 10 workstation or laptop.
- Select Start > Quick Assist (or select the Start button, type Quick Assist in the search box, then select it in the results).
In the event you are unable to find Quick Assist under Search, the app may have not been enabled.
Click here for steps to check if Quick Assist feature has been enabled.
- Locate Quick Assist app, and click Open to launch the app.
- In the Code from assistant box, enter the 6-digit code you were given, and select Share sceen.
- Wait for WM Staff to respond, then select Allow in the window that displays.
- Right-click on the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen
- Locate and click Settings from the menu.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Optional features.
- Under Find an installed optional feature query bar, verify whether Quick Assist has been installed, by typing Microsoft Quick Assist within the query bar. If Microsoft Quick Assist does not appear below the query bar, proceed with the following steps to enable the feature.
- Click the plus sign to Add a feature.
- Scroll down and select Microsoft Quick Assist to install it.
- After installation, search for Quick Assist to launch the app.
7 Aug 2021